Thursday, March 22, 2012

"Coming and Going"

"Coming and Going"
9"x12" oil on linen panel
©2012 Denise Rose Fine Art

I have been working on painting boats lately in preparation for a fun painting trip I have planned to the Forgotten Coast of Florida in May. I am traveling there and will be there for 10 days to paint and observe the invited artists to the 2012 Forgotten Coast Plein Air Event. I am so looking forward to seeing some of my favorite artists paint there and meeting some that I have admired their work for a long time! It will be a great experience for me and that area offers so many great and inspiring places to paint. 

Above is from a reference photo from my mentor, Lori Putnam, and I felt like "Coming and Going" describes a lot about this painting and also the way I have been traveling lately! 


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Denise! Color is wonderful. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Denise! Your trip to Florida in May sounds like a really fun time. Think of the great experience ... wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed the reflections in this painting! What a lovely title for a lovely painting. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful painting--everything about it is painted so well.

    ReplyDelete