Monday, February 28, 2011

"Grandma's Cottage" 8x10

"Grandma's Cottage"
8x10 oil on canvas panel

This is a house in the beautiful town of Franklin, Tennessee, just outside of Nashville. It is a plein air piece done in a workshop setting last fall with artist Anne Blair Brown. I have taken two workshops with Anne and enjoyed each one so much! She is a wonderful artist and has some good information to share about painting with others. I am not sure who lives there, but I like to think my grandmother does so I can go visit in this charming little cottage!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable and wonderfully painted. Love the colors and subtle value shifts. Lucky you to take from ABB- I have heard she is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Denise! I like your composition and the American flag with its red and blue makes a great focal point. It really is such a great subject. I'd love to have a little cottage like this with a big studio! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as can be. We did have such great fun in our workshop and I love painting in the quaint little town of Franklin, TN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do have a little cottage like this with a big studio. I feel so fortunate. Come see me because there is a guest apartment that goes with the cottage and the door is open to all artists. The catch is--You have to paint my cottage as a thank you. Denise, this is so simply done and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful cottage it makes such a lovely subject matter.Enjoyed your blog and you do a fine job of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colors in this Denise. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely little cottage indeed, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, this is such a lovely painting. You have captured the charm of this cottage as though you (or your grandma) really lived there! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice sense of depth and perspective. it also has a kind of "cozy" feel... Denise, nicely done

    ReplyDelete