Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stacked and Sliced

"Stacked and Sliced"
8"x10" oil on linen panel
©2012 Denise Rose Fine Art

This is a still life painting that I recently completed in my second workshop with artist Nancy Franke. I loved the beautiful colors of the little bowls and the gorgeous yellows of the meyer lemons in the set up. Because of this, I had a great time painting this little scene!

 I traveled to Chattanooga, TN, to take a workshop with Nancy at a relatively new art school there, ArtWorks Chattanooga, owned by the talented Lisa Seego. I love studying with Nancy because she focuses on painting in the style I love. She is also such a person of energy, that you just feel inspired the entire time you are in her presence! I also got to paint with one of my artist friends, Kathy Cousart, from Georgia, and that was fun to reconnect with her and paint together again. We first met last year during the first Nancy Franke workshop I took in Atlanta. 

Nancy does not teach often, so if you have a chance to be in one of her workshops, take it. She enjoys traveling with her husband and painting and visiting her grandchildren, so although she is an excellent and inspiring teacher, she does not spend much time doing it. You can see her work here.

This painting is available for purchase on my website.

3 comments:

  1. This was such a fun painting to do and you did a wonderful job. The colors are just so pretty! What fun and love those Meyer lemons! Great workshop and fun to paint together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting and love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice painting - I love the color harmony.

    ReplyDelete