Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Coral Tulips" 11x14

"Coral Tulips"
11"x14" oil on linen canvas

This is another painting from my workshop with Nancy Franke. The tulips were really not this color, but once I mixed it and got paint on the canvas, I just decided that it looked great! Nice thing about painting, you get this thing called and "artistic license" and you can choose to use it whenever you want to, which is what I did here! I have pretty much stayed away from glass things so far in my still life painting, but am feeling a little more confident now that I have done a couple of jars and vases. It really is just "paint what you see," but sometimes my brain gets in the way of what I see and I try to paint what I THINK I see!

13 comments:

  1. I commented on facebook but wanted to here also. It is such a beautiful painting. Love the way you painted the tulips and the clear jar and water are seriously good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely, Denise. You should feel very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this. Tulips are lovely and good job on the jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great painting--love how you painted the tulips(especially the color) and the jar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Denise! This is so nice...

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nancy! That means a LOT to me coming from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. The red tulips jump off the canvas. I like the one facing forward and others back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful love the simplicity and the composition! Sounds like it was a great workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bee-u-tiful! You did such a super on these tulips and the jar! The coral color of the tulips is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Denise!! I like the delicate feel, the way you kept the painting in a higher key. Nice work on the background and the brushwork on the leaves is really nice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all love artistic license and you should try glass again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you have painting glass knocked and the tulips too, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cool gray neutral background on this one! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete